If you’ve been here for more than two seconds, you already know I love me some dogs. And some cupcakes. And also onion dip and many other edibles, but we’ve not the time to address that list right now.
This week was Gizmo’s second birthday – and his first celebrated outside of a puppy mill cage – so we decided to commemorate the occasion by cooking up some doggy cupcakes! It’s not like I’m one of those crazy people who always celebrates her dog’s birthdays or anything like that, so this was a total one-off. 😉
Also, if you want to pipe the frosting, don’t be lazy and use the crunchy peanut butter you have on hand like
me this friend I know. Buy the smooth kind, or you’ll jam up your frosting tip and have to ask your husband to help again, and then the two of you will spend five minutes trying to fish out a wedged peanut before slapping on the frosting using a butter knife and calling it a day. These are the vital tidbits you learn here, folks!
1 cup flour
1 banana, sliced
1 small apple, chopped
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/3 cup shredded cheese
8 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons peanut butter
01. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (in the Caribbean seas… what, no one else references Will Smith?)
02. In a small bowl, combine: flour, baking soda, baking powder. Mix well using a whisk.
03. In a medium bowl, combine: yogurt, oil, honey, and eggs. Then mix in the carrots, apples, bananas, and cheese.
04. Add the flour mixture – dough will be sticky and lumpy.
05. Fill your cupcake liners about 3/4 the way full and bake 15-20 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).
06. In another bowl, beat cream cheese on medium until frosting consistency. Then add in the peanut butter and honey, and mix again!
07. Frost those bad boys up and watch your dogs make this face: